Smallest sample size ever at 0.4μl and fast results in just 5 seconds.Side fill test strip - great for righties and lefties. Accuracy you can trust. In vitro diagnostic.For blood glucose testing.
Meters that work with OneTouch Verio Test Strips
- OneTouch Verio Family of Meters
Main features of OneTouch Verio Test Strips
- Smallest sample size ever at 0.4μl and fast results in just 5 seconds
- Side fill test strip - great for righties and lefties
- Accuracy you can trust
- In vitro diagnostic
- For blood glucose testing
How to store OneTouch Verio Test Strips
- Store between 41ºF - 86ºF
- Keep test strips in a cool, dry place between 41°F and 86°F. The meter and test strips should be about the same temperature before you test. Do Not test if there is condensation (water build-up) on the meter. Move your meter and test strips to a cool, dry spot and wait for the meter surface to dry before testing.
- Do Not open the test strip vial until you are ready to remove a test strip and perform a test. Use the test strip immediately after removing it from the vial.
- Tightly close the cap on the vial immediately after use to avoid contamination and damage.
- Store unused test strips only in their original vial.
- Do Not return the used test strip to the vial after performing a test.
- Do Not re-use a test strip that had blood, control solution, or any contaminants applied to it. Test strips are for single use only.
- With clean, dry hands, you may touch the test strip anywhere on its surface. Do Not bend, cut or modify the test strip in any way.
- Do Not use test strips after the expiration or discard date, whichever comes first.
- When you first open a vial of test strips, record the discard date on the label. Refer to the test strip insert or vial label for instructions on determining the discard date.
Contained in each OneTouch Verio Test Strip
- Flavin adenline dinucleotide dependent glucose dehydrogenase or FAD-GDH (from Aspergillus sp.) - 2 U; potassium ferricyanide 41μg; and other ingredients (buffer, etc.)
- The vial contains a drying agent
What are the benefits of OneTouch Verio Test Strips?
The OneTouch Verio test strips offer several benefits for individuals who use them with the corresponding OneTouch Verio blood glucose meter:
1. Accuracy: OneTouch Verio test strips are designed to provide accurate and reliable blood glucose readings. The advanced technology used in these test strips helps minimize variations and ensure precise results.
2. Small Sample Size: The OneTouch Verio test strips require a small blood sample size, which can be beneficial for individuals who may have difficulty obtaining larger blood samples or prefer less discomfort during testing.
3. Fast Results: The test strips provide fast results, usually within seconds, allowing users to obtain their blood glucose readings quickly and conveniently.
4. Easy-to-Use: OneTouch Verio test strips are designed for ease of use. They have a simple insertion process, and the meter typically guides users through the testing steps, making it convenient for individuals of various ages and skill levels.
5. High-Quality Manufacturing: OneTouch Verio test strips are manufactured with strict quality control measures to ensure consistent performance and reliability.
6. Compatibility: The OneTouch Verio test strips are specifically designed for use with the OneTouch Verio blood glucose meter, ensuring compatibility and accurate readings when used together.
It's important to note that these benefits are specific to the OneTouch Verio test strips and may vary from other brands or models. It's always recommended to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice on blood glucose monitoring and management.
Is OneTouch Verio discontinued?
No, OneTouch Verio blood glucose meter and test strips are still available on the market.
Why are OneTouch test strips so expensive?
OneTouch test strips may be perceived as expensive due to several factors:
1. Research and Development Costs: Developing and manufacturing glucose test strips involves significant research and development expenses. These costs are factored into the pricing of the test strips.
2. Quality and Accuracy: OneTouch test strips are known for their accuracy and reliability. The manufacturing process and quality control measures implemented by the company help ensure consistent and precise results. The higher cost may reflect the investment in maintaining quality standards.
3. Patents and Branding: OneTouch is a well-known brand in the diabetes care industry, and the company may hold patents for specific technologies or features used in their test strips. These factors can contribute to higher pricing compared to generic or unbranded alternatives.
4. Regulatory Requirements: Meeting regulatory requirements and obtaining necessary certifications for medical devices can involve additional costs, which can influence the price of the test strips.
5. Distribution and Marketing: The costs associated with distributing and marketing the OneTouch products, including packaging, advertising, and sales efforts, can contribute to the overall price of the test strips.
It's important to consider that pricing for medical products can vary across regions, and factors such as insurance coverage, healthcare systems, and local market dynamics can influence the pricing of test strips.
If cost is a concern, it may be worth exploring alternative brands or discussing options with healthcare professionals or insurance providers to find more affordable alternatives or assistance programs that can help with the cost of diabetes supplies.
How accurate is the OneTouch Verio test strip?
OneTouch Verio test strips are designed to provide accurate and reliable blood glucose measurements when used correctly. The accuracy of the test strips is typically evaluated through rigorous testing and adherence to regulatory standards before they are made available for use.
However, it's important to note that the accuracy of any blood glucose test, including the OneTouch Verio test strips, can be influenced by various factors. Some factors that may affect the accuracy of blood glucose measurements include:
1. User Technique: Proper technique and following the instructions provided with the test strips and meter are crucial for obtaining accurate results. Using an adequate blood sample size, ensuring proper calibration, and proper handling of the test strips are important considerations.
2. Environmental Conditions: Extreme temperatures, humidity, or improper storage of the test strips can potentially affect their accuracy. It's important to store the test strips according to the manufacturer's instructions.
3. Hematocrit Levels: The accuracy of blood glucose measurements may be influenced by variations in hematocrit levels (the proportion of red blood cells in the blood). Certain medical conditions or circumstances, such as anemia or dehydration, can affect hematocrit levels and may impact the accuracy of the readings.
4. Interference from Substances: Certain medications or substances present in the blood, such as high levels of vitamin C or certain medications, may interfere with blood glucose measurements and affect accuracy.
It's always recommended to follow the instructions provided with the test strips and meter, maintain proper hygiene during testing, and consult with healthcare professionals if you have concerns about the accuracy of your blood glucose measurements or experience inconsistent readings. They can provide guidance on proper testing techniques and may suggest additional quality control measures to ensure accurate results.
Do all OneTouch Verio meters use the same strips?
No, not all OneTouch Verio meters use the same test strips. There are different versions of OneTouch Verio meters, and each version may require specific test strips that are compatible with that particular meter model.
It's important to use the correct test strips that are specifically designed for your OneTouch Verio meter model. Using incompatible test strips may lead to inaccurate results or the inability to perform a blood glucose test.
To ensure that you are using the appropriate test strips for your OneTouch Verio meter, you should refer to the user manual or packaging of your meter or consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist. They can provide guidance on the specific test strips that are compatible with your meter model.
How to fix error messages for the OneTouch Verio Meter:
Error 1 Test strip not inserted correctly. Make sure the test strip is inserted all the way into the meter.
Error 2 Not enough blood has been applied to the test strip. Wipe away any excess blood and apply a fresh drop.
Error 3 Test strip is expired or damaged. Use a new test strip.
Error 4 Meter is not turned on. Turn on the meter by pressing the power button.
Error 5 Battery is low. Replace the batteries.
Error 6 Meter is not calibrated. Calibrate the meter by following the instructions in the user manual.
Error 7 Test strip is not compatible with the meter. Use a test strip that is compatible with the OneTouch Verio Meter.
Error 8 Meter is not in test mode. Enter test mode by pressing the power button and the test button simultaneously.
Error 9 Meter is not connected to a computer. Connect the meter to a computer using the USB cable that came with the meter.
Error 10 Date or time on the meter is incorrect. Set the date and time on the meter by following the instructions in the user manual.
Error 11 Meter has a software error. Contact OneTouch customer support for assistance.
Error HI The blood glucose level is above 600 mg/dL. Repeat the test with a new test strip.
Error LO The blood glucose level is below 20 mg/dL. Repeat the test with a new test strip.
If you are still having trouble with your OneTouch Verio Meter, please contact OneTouch customer support for assistance.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting OneTouch Verio Meter errors:
Make sure you are using the correct type of test strip for your meter.
Make sure the test strip is not expired.
Make sure the blood sample is applied to the test strip correctly.
Clean the test strip port with a swab if it is dirty.
Try using a different meter.
Contact OneTouch customer support for assistance.