Meters work with True Metrix Test Strips
Expiration Date: 7-2024
Main features of True Metrix Test Strips
- Forearm testing
- No coding
- As fast as 4 seconds
- Store 500 results with time/date
- Event tagging
- 4 testing reminder alarms
- Audible fill detection
- Control detection
- Ketone test reminder
- Strip release button
- Download capabilities
How to store True Metrix Test Strips
- Store between 40ºF - 86ºF at relative humidity levels 10-80% (non-densing)
- DO NOT FREEZE
What are the benefits of True Metrix 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips?
True Metrix 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips are used with a blood glucose meter to measure blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Some of the benefits of True Metrix 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips include:
Accuracy: True Metrix 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips have been shown to provide accurate and reliable blood glucose readings.
Small sample size: The True Metrix 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips require only a small blood sample, which can make testing less painful and more convenient.
Fast results: The True Metrix 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips provide results in just a few seconds, which can help people with diabetes to make quick and informed decisions about managing their blood sugar levels.
Easy to use: The True Metrix 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips are designed to be easy to handle and require no coding, which can make testing more convenient and less time-consuming.
Bluetooth connectivity: Some versions of the True Metrix 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips come with Bluetooth connectivity, which can allow people with diabetes to transfer their blood glucose readings to a smartphone or other mobile device for easier tracking and sharing with healthcare providers.
It is important to note that True Metrix 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips may not be suitable for everyone and may require a prescription from a healthcare provider. Additionally, people with diabetes should always work with their healthcare provider to develop an individualized plan for managing their blood sugar levels.
Are all True Metrix test strips compatible?
Yes, all True Metrix test strips are compatible with True Metrix meters. True Metrix is a brand of blood glucose meters and test strips that are designed to work together. The True Metrix test strips can be used with True Metrix, True Metrix AIR, True Metrix GO, and other compatible meters from the True Metrix product line.
It's important to note that while True Metrix test strips are specifically designed for use with True Metrix meters, it's always recommended to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer and ensure proper handling and storage of the test strips for accurate results.
What test strips go with True Metrix meter?
The True Metrix meter uses True Metrix test strips. These test strips are specifically designed to be used with the True Metrix meter and are not interchangeable with test strips from other brands or models.
When using the True Metrix meter, it is important to use the corresponding True Metrix test strips to ensure accurate blood glucose measurements. Using compatible test strips from the same brand and model as your meter helps to ensure proper calibration and reliable results.
If you need to purchase test strips for your True Metrix meter, it is recommended to look for True Metrix test strips specifically designed for your meter model. You can typically find them at pharmacies, medical supply stores, or online retailers that carry diabetes testing supplies.
What is the generic for True Metrix?
The generic version of True Metrix is often referred to as "generic test strips" or "compatible test strips." These test strips are produced by different manufacturers and may have varying names depending on the brand.
Some commonly available generic or compatible test strips for the True Metrix meter include:
1. GenUltimate Test Strips
2. CareSens N Test Strips
3. On Call Express Test Strips
4. Genteel Test Strips
5. Clever Choice Pro+ Test Strips
It's important to note that while these generic test strips are designed to be compatible with the True Metrix meter, they may have slight differences in performance or accuracy compared to the True Metrix branded test strips. It's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist for guidance on selecting and using generic test strips with your True Metrix meter.
What is the difference between True Metrix and True Metrix Pro?
The main difference between True Metrix and True Metrix Pro is the target audience and features offered.
1. Target Audience: True Metrix is typically designed for personal use by individuals with diabetes who need to monitor their blood glucose levels at home. True Metrix Pro, on the other hand, is generally intended for professional use by healthcare providers in clinical settings such as hospitals, clinics, or medical offices.
2. Data Management: True Metrix Pro meters often come with enhanced data management capabilities compared to the standard True Metrix meters. They may have features like connectivity options, data storage for multiple patients, and the ability to download and analyze data using software or digital platforms.
3. Advanced Features: True Metrix Pro meters may offer additional advanced features for professional use, such as customizable settings, expanded memory capacity, and compatibility with external devices for integration with other medical equipment or electronic medical records systems.
4. Regulatory Clearances: True Metrix Pro meters are often subjected to additional regulatory clearances and certifications specific to professional use in healthcare settings. These clearances ensure compliance with quality and safety standards relevant to professional healthcare environments.
It's important to note that specific features and differences between True Metrix and True Metrix Pro may vary depending on the specific models and versions of the meters. It is recommended to refer to the product documentation or consult with the manufacturer or healthcare professional for detailed information on the features and functionalities of each meter.
How accurate are True Metrix test strips?
True Metrix test strips are designed to provide accurate and reliable blood glucose measurements when used properly. However, it's important to note that the accuracy of any blood glucose test, including True Metrix test strips, can be influenced by various factors.
The accuracy of True Metrix test strips is typically evaluated through rigorous testing and adherence to regulatory standards before they are made available for use. They are designed to meet industry accuracy standards and provide reliable results for monitoring blood glucose levels.
However, there are factors that can affect the accuracy of blood glucose measurements regardless of the brand or model of test strips used. These factors include improper storage of test strips, expired test strips, inadequate blood sample size, improper meter calibration, and environmental conditions.
To ensure accurate results with True Metrix test strips, it's important to follow the instructions provided with the test strips and the meter. This includes properly storing the test strips, using a sufficient blood sample, maintaining proper hygiene during testing, and calibrating the meter if required.
If you have concerns about the accuracy of your blood glucose measurements or have inconsistent readings, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist. They can provide guidance on proper testing techniques and may suggest additional quality control measures to ensure accurate results.
Can you use True Plus lancets with True Metrix meter?
Yes, True Plus lancets are compatible with the True Metrix meter. Lancets are small needles used to prick the skin for blood sampling in glucose testing. While the True Metrix meter and True Plus lancets are designed by different manufacturers, they are generally interchangeable and can be used together.
It's important to note that lancets are not specific to a particular brand or model of glucose meter. As long as the lancets are compatible with the lancing device and meet your personal preference for gauge and needle length, you can use True Plus lancets with the True Metrix meter.
When using lancets, it's important to follow the instructions provided with the lancet device and ensure proper disposal of used lancets in a sharps container to prevent injury and maintain hygiene.
If you have any concerns or questions about using specific lancets with your True Metrix meter, it's recommended to consult with a healthcare professional or pharmacist for personalized advice and guidance.
What is the difference between True Metrix and True Test?
1. True Metrix: True Metrix is a line of blood glucose monitoring systems that includes blood glucose meters, test strips, and related accessories. The True Metrix system is designed for personal use by individuals with diabetes to monitor their blood glucose levels at home. The True Metrix system typically offers features such as no coding, small blood sample size, fast results, and memory storage of test results.
2. True Test: True Test is a line of test strips specifically designed for use with the True Test meter. The True Test meter is an older model of blood glucose meter from Nipro Diagnostics. True Test test strips are intended for personal use and are compatible only with the True Test meter. They require coding before use and have a slightly larger blood sample size compared to the True Metrix system.
In summary, True Metrix represents a newer and more advanced line of blood glucose monitoring systems, including meters and test strips, while True Test is an older product line specific to the True Test meter and its corresponding test strips. If you are considering a blood glucose monitoring system, it is advisable to review the features, specifications, and compatibility of the specific models within each product line to determine which one best suits your needs.