Spill-resistant and simple to take just one strip. Simple to use the entire end of the test strip. Small drop of blood- just 0.6 microliter. Accurate and reliable results you can trust. Made here in the USA.
Meters that work with Accu-Chek Guide Test Strips
- Accu-Chek Guide Meter
- Accu-Chek Guide Link
- Accu-Chek Guide Me
- Accu-Chek Control solutions
Main features of Accu-Chek Guide Test Strips
- Spill-resistant and simple to take just one strip
- Simple to use the entire end of the test strip
- Small drop of blood- just 0.6 microliter
- Accurate and reliable results you can trust
- Made here in the USA
How to store Accu-Chek Guide Test Strips
- Store between 36°F - 86°F
- Use between 10% - 90% relative humidity
- 10/10 accuracy: 95% of measured glucose results fall within ± 10 mg/dL of lab reference value for blood glucose concentrations < 100 mg/dL and within 10% for blood glucose concentrations ≥100 mg/dL
Blood Sample Size
- 0.6 μl
What are the benefits of Accu-Chek Guide 50 Blood Glucose Test Strips?
Accu-Chek Guide 50 blood glucose test strips are used with a blood glucose meter to measure blood sugar levels in people with diabetes. Some of the benefits of Accu-Chek Guide 50 blood glucose test strips include:
Accuracy: Accu-Chek Guide 50 blood glucose test strips have been shown to provide accurate and reliable blood glucose readings.
Small sample size: The Accu-Chek Guide 50 blood glucose test strips require only a small blood sample, which can make testing less painful and more convenient.
Fast results: The Accu-Chek Guide 50 blood glucose test strips provide results in just a few seconds, which can help people with diabetes to make quick and informed decisions about managing their blood sugar levels.
Easy to use: The Accu-Chek Guide 50 blood glucose test strips are designed to be easy to handle and require no coding, which can make testing more convenient and less time-consuming.
SmartPack technology: The Accu-Chek Guide 50 blood glucose test strips come with SmartPack technology, which allows for easy and accurate testing by preventing test strip waste, alerting you when you are running low on strips and helping you to identify expired test strips.
It is important to note that Accu-Chek Guide 50 blood glucose test strips may not be suitable for everyone and may require a prescription from a healthcare provider. Additionally, people with diabetes should always work with their healthcare provider to develop an individualized plan for managing their blood sugar levels.
Is Accu-Chek Guide discontinued?
No, Accu-Chek Guide is widely available both online and in drug stores.
What strips work with Accu-Chek Guide meter?
The Accu-Chek Guide blood glucose meter uses Accu-Chek Guide test strips, which are specifically designed for compatibility with this meter. Accu-Chek Guide test strips have a unique strip design with a spill-resistant vial and a wide dosing area for easy blood application.
It's important to use the designated Accu-Chek Guide test strips with the Accu-Chek Guide meter to ensure accurate and reliable blood glucose readings. Using test strips from other Accu-Chek meter models or different brands may lead to inaccurate results or may not be compatible with the meter.
If you are in need of Accu-Chek Guide test strips, you can check with your local pharmacy, medical supply store, or contact the manufacturer, Roche Diabetes Care, to inquire about purchasing options and availability in your region or country.
How accurate are Accu-Chek Guide test strips?
Accu-Chek Guide test strips are designed and manufactured by Roche Diabetes Care, and they are known for their accuracy in measuring blood glucose levels when used correctly. These test strips undergo rigorous quality control processes and comply with industry standards to ensure accurate and reliable results.
Accu-Chek Guide test strips utilize the advanced technology of the Accu-Chek Guide meter to provide precise measurements. The meter's technology includes a spill-resistant vial design, a wide dosing area, and a unique strip design that helps to minimize the risk of errors and improve accuracy.
It's important to note that while Accu-Chek Guide test strips provide accurate results, no glucose meter or test strip is 100% accurate. Variations in readings can occur due to factors such as user technique, environmental conditions, or physiological variations. It's essential to follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully, maintain the meter properly, and perform regular quality control checks to ensure accurate readings.
If you have any concerns about the accuracy of your Accu-Chek Guide test strips or your glucose meter, it's recommended to reach out to the manufacturer, Roche Diabetes Care, or consult with your healthcare provider for further guidance and support. They can provide specific information on the accuracy of the Accu-Chek Guide test strips and offer assistance in troubleshooting any issues you may be experiencing.
Can I use Accu-Chek Instant Strips on Accu Chek Guide?
No, you cannot use Accu-Chek Instant test strips with the Accu-Chek Guide meter. Each Accu-Chek meter model is specifically designed to be compatible with its corresponding test strips.
The Accu-Chek Instant test strips are designed for use with the Accu-Chek Instant meter. They have a different strip design and coding system compared to the Accu-Chek Guide test strips.
To ensure accurate and reliable results, it's important to use the designated test strips that are specifically recommended for your Accu-Chek Guide meter. Using test strips from a different Accu-Chek meter model may lead to inaccurate readings or may not be compatible with the meter.
If you require test strips for your Accu-Chek Guide meter, it's recommended to use Accu-Chek Guide test strips, which are designed for compatibility with that specific meter model. You can check with your local pharmacy, medical supply store, or contact the manufacturer, Roche Diabetes Care, for information on purchasing Accu-Chek Guide test strips.
Why are Accu-Chek strips so expensive?
The pricing of Accu-Chek test strips, like those of many other blood glucose test strips, can be influenced by several factors, including:
1. Research and Development Costs: Developing accurate and reliable test strips requires significant investment in research and development. The costs associated with designing and refining the technology can contribute to the pricing of the strips.
2. Manufacturing Costs: The production of high-quality test strips involves intricate processes and specialized manufacturing equipment. These factors can increase the manufacturing costs, which can, in turn, affect the pricing of the strips.
3. Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance: Test strip manufacturers must adhere to strict quality assurance measures and comply with regulatory standards to ensure the accuracy and safety of their products. The costs associated with quality control and regulatory compliance can influence the pricing.
4. Intellectual Property and Patents: If a particular test strip technology or design is patented, the manufacturer may hold exclusive rights to produce and distribute the strips, leading to higher prices due to limited competition.
5. Distribution and Marketing Expenses: The distribution of test strips involves various costs, including packaging, logistics, and marketing efforts. These costs can contribute to the overall pricing of the test strips.
It's important to consider that different regions and healthcare systems may have varying factors that impact the pricing of medical products, including test strips. Additionally, the availability of insurance coverage or healthcare reimbursement programs can also influence the out-of-pocket costs for individuals.
If you have concerns about the cost of Accu-Chek test strips, it may be helpful to explore options such as insurance coverage, patient assistance programs, or discussing affordable alternatives with your healthcare provider. Additionally, contacting the manufacturer, Roche Diabetes Care, or local pharmacies can provide further information about pricing and potential cost-saving options.
What lancets are compatible with Accu-Chek Guide?
The Accu-Chek Guide blood glucose meter is compatible with Accu-Chek FastClix lancets. The Accu-Chek FastClix lancets are specifically designed for use with the Accu-Chek FastClix lancing device, which is included with the Accu-Chek Guide meter kit.
The Accu-Chek FastClix lancets offer a convenient and hygienic way to obtain a blood sample for glucose testing. The lancing device has a drum containing six pre-loaded lancets, and each lancet is automatically advanced after use, eliminating the need for manual lancet handling.
It's important to note that the Accu-Chek Guide meter is designed to work optimally with the Accu-Chek FastClix lancets. While other lancets may physically fit into the lancing device, it's recommended to use the designated Accu-Chek FastClix lancets for proper functioning and optimal performance.
If you need to purchase Accu-Chek FastClix lancets for your Accu-Chek Guide meter, you can check with your local pharmacy, medical supply store, or contact the manufacturer, Roche Diabetes Care, for information on purchasing options and availability in your region or country.
What is the difference between Accu-Chek Active and Guide?
The Accu-Chek Active and Accu-Chek Guide are two different models of blood glucose meters manufactured by Roche Diabetes Care. Here are some key differences between the two:
1. Design and Display: The Accu-Chek Active meter has a compact design with a smaller display screen, while the Accu-Chek Guide meter has a larger display screen and a more modern, sleek design.
2. Test Strip Compatibility: The Accu-Chek Active meter is compatible with Accu-Chek Active test strips, while the Accu-Chek Guide meter uses Accu-Chek Guide test strips. The test strips are not interchangeable between the two meter models.
3. Advanced Features: The Accu-Chek Guide meter offers additional features compared to the Accu-Chek Active meter. It includes features such as Second-Chance sampling, which allows you to apply more blood to the same strip if the initial sample is insufficient, and smartLIGHT target range indicator, which provides visual feedback on blood glucose results in relation to personalized target ranges.
4. Connectivity and Data Management: The Accu-Chek Guide meter has Bluetooth connectivity, allowing it to sync wirelessly with the Accu-Chek Connect diabetes management app on compatible devices. This feature enables convenient tracking and management of blood glucose data over time. The Accu-Chek Active meter does not have Bluetooth connectivity.
5. Testing Time: The Accu-Chek Guide meter provides faster testing time compared to the Accu-Chek Active meter. The Guide meter typically provides results in just 4 seconds, while the Active meter takes 5 seconds.
It's important to note that the choice between Accu-Chek Active and Accu-Chek Guide meters depends on individual preferences and specific needs. Factors such as available features, design, compatibility with test strips, and connectivity options may influence the decision. It's recommended to consult with your healthcare provider or diabetes educator for personalized advice on selecting the most suitable blood glucose meter for your needs.